Topic author
Dirk

Tester VIP For his activity Supporter
V.I.P. of V.I.P.
V.I.P. of V.I.P.
Medals: 4

Nfo Creator 2015 for Dummies-Part 2 Posting To A Newer Style Forum

Post by Dirk » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:54 pm

As mentioned in the initial "Nfo Creator 2015 for Dummies-Part 1" Posting To The Older Style Forum located here:

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=747&p=2441#p2441

Note: Even if you don't post to the older style forums, I would suggest taking a look at the link above and review the template I suggested near the end of that post. It will familiarize you with the information used in a post of that style and give you a comparison between that type of forum and this newer type. As you will see you won't be using Nfo Creator 2015 to bring in all that same data but be able to adapt it to add only the information you need or want to post to the forum you are a member of.

In the Tutorial linked above, I concentrated on forums that can feel daunting, since they only give you the bare bones to work with. They do almost nothing except give you a location for the post, usually by category, to post a Movie or TV show on a blank page. I actual like this older forum type better, in that I perceive it to be like an empty canvas to an artist. And LuJoSoft Movie Nfo Creator 2015 hands me the paint and brushes to create a professional looking post that will attract members to look for your work.

In Part 2 below, I address a more advanced forum program and how to use LuJoSoft Movie Nfo Creator 2015 to improve your posting skills further. These forums have their own API keys to bring in much of the data you'd want in a post. Some forums do a good job at this, others not so much. But either way LuJoSoft Movie Nfo Creator 2015 can still help.

The following steps will work for a TV or Movie post equally and only require 2 files that can be obtained from the Usenet group of your choice. A .nzb file and an information file [a file with a .nfo extension]. Additionally, it will require as little as 3 simple tab settings in LuJoSoft Movie Nfo Creator 2015 V:6.6.2.3, the latest version at the time of this post. **[4 including a one time setup in 1 tab but only if you will be using step 9a below. Otherwise this setting is not needed.]

The only real difference when posting to this type of forum is you will adapt your "templates" to the fields this type of forum needs to have filled in by you, the poster. So let's get on with it.

First, many of the steps for both forum types are the same, but for those new to posting on this type (or any type) of forum I'll attempt to follow the same format as outlined in "Nfo Creator 2015 for Dummies-Part 1".

1) launch program (using movie nfo creator V:6.6.2.3)

2) Click the "Tv Info" tab. (Or the Movie Tab if you are doing a movie, the following examples for a TV post work equally the same as does a movie post except you do so under the Movie tab)

3) Click "search Tmdb for a new" button

4) The "Search Tmdb For a TV" screen opens

5) Enter a TV title (use "code.black" in this example) (you could also enter "code black" or "code-black", I like "code.black" since it's a quick copy and paste from a Usenet header and saves me typing it in. I find this especially useful for posting long title names)

6) Click "Tv Search"

7) Click "Code Black" in the "Select a Movie" box

8) The Overview with image and release date, if available, imports into the program

9) Click ok, data imports to "Tv Info" tab screen, (By Default the "Fit Image" Box is checked. Thus you will see the entire cover you'll be posting, This was just 1 of many improvements LuJoSoft has made to this program over the past few months).

Note: Step 9a below is not needed when posting to the newer type forums, but if you post in both types, follow the instructions below. The program will know what to use via the custom template features you will set up for each forum type. If you only post to these newer type forums, proceed to step 10.

9a) Click the Extra Info tab (Note: this will be a 1 time setup for this type of post) In the Footnote box type [xxx] [/xxx] replace the 3 xxx in the brackets with the letters nfo, (I like 2 spaces between the nfo codes but that's your call) then just check the box that says "Remember Info" When you paste this post to the forum page the information in the .nfo Usenet file you collected earlier would be simply pasted inbetween the [xxx] [/xxx] coding. (again the xxx stands for nfo)

10) Click the "Create Template" Tab then use one template from the list I'll give you at the end of this post, or make your own and adapt it for what you specifically need. You won't have to download an entire movie or TV show as long as you have the 2 files I mentioned in the prologue at the beginning of this thread, (the .nfo and .nzb files)

11) Click the "Create NFO" tab

12) Click the Green "Create Descriptions" button

13) The info appears, click "copy to" under "Nfo Bbcode" box to copy your post to your computer's clipboard. If your forum does not use Bbcode then click "copy to" under "Nfo Text" box.

14) Use "Ctrl V" or right click and paste to the forum's field that you need to fill in.

Note: From here you would typically add the nzb's "title" and designate where the forums program wants you to upload the .NZB "file" from your hard drive. That holds true for the .NFO file information as well.

SPECIAL NOTES

The following are some "Suggested Templates" for this type of forum post: (in the Create Template tab simple click "New" in the Manage templates box, paste in one of the templates below, enter a name in the "Save template center box", and click save.

In these more advanced forum programs you may need to tell it the link to the site it uses to acquire the information it automatically brings in for you. In most cases Nfo Creator 2015 V.6.6.2.3 can do this for you thus saving you the time it takes to surf directly to a site like TMDb.org. The way you set up your custom templates will determine if you want Nfo Creator 2015 to bring in this information for you. If so, just cut and paste it in the correct field for your forum.

In these more advanced forums you will typically have an area called "Description" or "Summary" in which you can customize the way you want that area of your post to look. The following are some sample templates for 3 of the more common posts. Note:
whether you want to bring in a cover image in this area of your forum, will of course depend on the forum. If not just remove the word "cover" from the templates below.

*********A TV Show Template***************

--------------blank line---------------
cover
Overview
Cast

************A Movie Template***************

cover
Overview
Cast

*********A TV Show Template for an Entire Season***************

cover
Overview
Season Overview
Cast

A final note, Under the preferences tab, you can remove all the other tabs NOT mentioned here by unchecking the boxes for those tabs. This may keep things looking a little more organized for you. You can always turn any of them back on if you like to play with other improvements, as I do.

Have Fun :-h
Last edited by Dirk on Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

Superl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Nfo Creator 2015 for Dummies-Part 2 Posting To A Newer Style Forum

Post by Superl » Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:57 am

Nicely done, thank you for your hard work :-bd :-bd :-bd

Come and say hello in here
Any donation will help click here please.

Have a nice day :103:

Return to “LuJoSoft Movie Nfo Creator 2015”